Monday, November 28, 2011

Bread-winners

I really like the discussions we have been having in class about who should be the earner in the family. I also enjoyed the comment about how it can be smart for couples to talk about every purchase they make, and counsel to find the best decision. I think the forgiveness is also important, because nobody is perfect with money. For example, a few months ago my husband paid rent, like he always does. However, a few days later we got an email saying that our rent check had bounced. Turns out he used an old checkbook from an account he had closed when we got a joint account. I could have been ticked off because of the late fee we had to pay, but I realized that he is only here to help our family, and it was a mistake that he probably was beating himself up for. So instead we laughed it off, paid the fee, and moved on with our lives. I think that however important money is for helping us provide food, shelter, and necessities of life, it still isn't more important than the relationships we have in the family.

No comments:

Post a Comment