Monday, December 5, 2011

Parenting

Watching videos directed towards parents of teenagers was different, because teenagers are a long ways away for me at this point in life. However, I have wondered in the past about whether my husband and I will ever be able to manage our own teenagers, or even tolerate them, haha. Last night I suddenly realized that I will be in contact with teenagers in the nearer future tham I had thought, because in a year or so I will be teaching high school art. I realized that classroom management is crucial for a good learning environment, and I will probably have disrespectful students. I now want to go back to the videos we watched, because I think they teach a lot about having respect for your teens. Respect is one philosophy I want to have in my classroom, and I think taking lessons from the videos will directly relate to a class.

No comments:

Post a Comment