Sunday, November 20, 2011

Being a mom

Ever since I started my first semester of college, 4 years ago, I was clueless as to what career I wanted. I wasn't married, so school seemed like the next step for me. I gradually made my way to the art program here at school, got married, and FINALLY settled on a useful degree. I am planning on graduating with a degree in art education next fall. I have realized that my hesitancy towards choosing a career is due to my lack of desire to have a career. I have been so grateful for fridays discussion about being stay at home moms, because it gives me courage to stand up and say that that is what I believe is right. Before we were married I asked my husband how he felt about my future career, and if he would do his best to support our family if I chose to be a full time mom. He strongly agreed, which I was so thankful for, and that has been the plan ever since. I still am going to finish school, because even if I never become a full time teacher, education is still important and can be used anywhere. Plus, it is very smart to have a plan B, in case circumstances disable my husband from being able to work. All in all though I believe strongly that women need to be in the home with their children, and few exceptions should be made to that idea. However alluring extra income may seem, nothing makes up for a nurturing mother in the home.

No comments:

Post a Comment