Sunday, October 23, 2011

Dating my husband

So this week I think the biggest thing I realized is how much I have been hanging out with my husband opposed to dating. I think it is an easy misunderstanding that once you are married you don't really have to date anymore, but the dangers of "hanging out" are still present. We spend a lot of time sitting at home, in our sweats, doing homework, eating food, and watching the Office. However, from our discussions in class this week I have realized that these activities, although unavoidable when living in the same place, should also be supplemented with real planned dates. So we spent our Friday night eating yummy sandwiches at Gator Jacks and equally yummy blizzards at DQ. It felt a lot nicer to do something planned together, and it took our minds off of school for a little while, allowing opportunities to further our relationship and learn more about each other. So with that, I say to you all, DATE! No matter what stage of life you are in. Alright, toodles!

1 comment:

  1. I loved this post! What a great insight. I am not married, but I know that it's been counseled to continue dating in marriage and I love the way you worded some of the reasons why. Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete